Creating Innovation to Your 3D Data Utilization
Your Ultimate Desktop Application for 3D CAD Translation & Optimization
CADdoctor is your tool to effectively utilize your 3D data. Not just translation , but CADdoctor has rich capabilities to detect and heal errors, and prepare optimal data for downstream processing. CADdoctor is your ultimate desktop tool to maximize your 3D data possibilities.
Free yourself from complex integrations and errors which cost time, resources, and cause project delays and rather commit to building your greatest work.
3 Pillars of CADdoctor
Utilizing highly advanced 3D geometry handling technology, translate your CAD data with premium quality towards your target system
User friendly interface with easy operation to assist not only experienced designers and engineers, but also anyone new to the industry
More than Translation
Optimization functionalities to fulfill downstream processes in the manufacturing lifecycle
3D CAD Translation
CADdoctor provides sophisticated 3D translations between multiple CAD formats that go beyond simple mechanical translations. Elysium’s tools take into account the major differences between each CAD system to produce the highest-quality data translation.
Detecting and Repairing PDQ Error
Issues arise between multiple engineering platforms such as failures in data import, failure in mesh generation for CAE analysis, failure in creating NC cutter path for CAM, just to name a few.
CADdoctor automatically detects and repairs lurking product data quality (PDQ) errors which are usually involved in these problems.
The criteria for a PDQ check can be adjusted to fit the standards of automotive industries around the world, such as SASIG, VDA, AIAG or JAMA
CADdoctor recognizes geometry features and simplifies them automatically. Feature recognition is performed by geometry, not by the modeling history, so that any CAD data can be simplified.
This works with the following features:
- Round holes and general holes
- Bosses and ribs
- Steps, grooves and protrusions
This functionality is ideal for optimizing data to generate high-quality meshes for CAE analysis.
Simplify data by shrink-wrapping into an enveloped solid to remove unnecessary components, reduce file size, and/or protect IP. Alternatively, extract exterior surface only if a solid model is not required.
- Data Lightening: Create a light-weight 3D model from a huge assembly model for cases such as digital mock-up, interference check and translation to viewer formats.
- IP Protection: Delete internal geometry by keeping exact outer geometry including company proprietary information such as design know-how
- CAE Data Preparation: Simplify and merge assembly models to use for simulation such as thermal fluid analysis
Polygon Function/Reverse Engineering
Easily prepare CAD data by automatically generating from point cloud or polygon data obtained from 3D scanning or from CAE. Extracting fillets realizing high-quality surfaces
Also, utilize the polygon function to detect errors and heal/optimize your polygon data for high quality reverse engineering.
1.Detecting engineering change on the geometry
- Easily view changes in a color map
- Also view changes displayed with numerical values such as fillet radii, chamfer length and hole diameters
2. Detecting engineering changes on an assembly structure
- Additions/deletion of parts
- Changes in the location of part or assembly
- Changes in the structure of the assembly tree
- Changes in the part name
Quality Check for Manufacturing
Detect errors that does not comply with manufacturing conditions causing issues in creating dies or molding
- Areas where it is impossible to machine dies, such as acute angles or deep grooves
- Areas where the die construction becomes too complex due to undercut or similar issues
- Areas where it is difficult to create dies due to inappropriate wall thickness (too thick/too thin)
Engineers can now detect manufacturing errors and make corrections during the design stage to minimize rework, reduce costs, and shorten lead time.