Drawing Validator // High Quality 2D Drawing Validation Tool
Validate Changes in Drawings Automatically
2D drawings are still widely used in manufacturing. Drawing Validator streamlines the design-to-manufacturing process by eliminating the tedious work of manually detecting changes in 2D drawings. With Drawing Validator, changes are detected automatically and are communicated downstream seamlessly and quickly.
It is a game changer. Drawing Validator dramatically reduces the lead time and increases the efficiency in our 2D drawing check process, especially when working on large assembly models as it detects differences on the number of elements, values of dimensions and annotations based on parametric values in Creo Parametric native data.
Our conventional method with an image comparison tool—check for differences by overlaying two drawings—always required manual filtering and examination by human eyes as the comparison result contained redundant differences such as slight change in the layout position of detail drawings, and such differences were reported as a difference in the whole detail drawing which was hard to understand what had been changed and judge whether important or not. In the scene where the detection of unintended changes is also integral, it is fundamental that only, but all the significant differences are detected.
We see a great potential in this new product that this will enhance not limited to the 2D drawing validation process, but across the entire manufacturing process.
Mr. Kazuhiko Fukuoka – Senior Assistant Manager of Fabrication Design, Stationary Plant Engineering, Engineering Technology Center of Niigata Power Systems Co., Ltd.
Highlight Significant Differences between 2D Drawings
Validation built on semantic information from CAD models
- Compares both geometry and non-geometry information based on semantic values extracted using the CAD system’s API
- Recognizes redundant differences such as the position of views, PMIs and BOM tables
Flexible validation based on your workflow
- Adjustable checking criteria and tolerances to satisfy the viewer’s need. Eliminates false negatives and false positives.
- Lists all detected differences categorizing by the element type
- Navigates to the selected difference
- Animates to highlight and recognize differences
- Shows along with numerical values such as the dimension and diameter
Designed in HTML for easy shareability
- Exports result report in HTML format—no installation nor licensing required to view the result—and eases the communication among related persons
Increase the Information Level in Communication on Engineering Changes
Design engineers can better illustrate the modifications so that receivers can quickly reflect the engineering changes as appropriate. This leads to significant lead time reduction as well as prevention of unnecessary rework and delays.