Drawing Validator is designed to facilitate the 2D drawing validation process
This contributes to achieve a streamlined design-to-manufacturing process; to free up design engineers and approvers from tedious work in the 2D drawing validation, propagate engineering changes to downstream sectors accurately in a timely manner—so that they can invest their time for true innovation. This reliable technology also eliminates the chance of potential human error, and secures the high standard of validation process in shorter lead time independently from one’s skill and knowledge level.
“It is a game changer. Drawing Validator dramatically reduces the lead time and increases the efficiency in our 2D drawing check process, especially when working on a large assembly models as it detects differences on the number of elements, values of dimensions and annotations based on parametric values in Creo Parametric native data. Our conventional method with an image comparison tool—check for differences by overlaying two drawings—always required manual filtering and examination by human eyes as the comparison result contained redundant differences such as slight change on the layout position of detail drawings, and such differences was reported as a difference on the whole detail drawing which was hard to understand what had been changed and judge whether important or not. In the scene where the detection of unintended changes is also integral, it is fundamental that only, but all the significant differences are detected. We see a great potential in this new product that this will enhance not limited to the 2D drawing validation process, but across the entire manufacturing process.” Mr. Kazuhiko Fukuoka, Senior Assistant Manager of Fabrication Design, Stationary Plant Engineering, Engineering & Technology Center of Niigata Power Systems Co., Ltd.
Highlight All Your Significant Differences between Two 2D Drawings
Validation Based on Semantic Information from 3D CAD Models
- Compares both geometry and non-geometry information based on semantic values extracted using official API of CAD systems
- Ignores redundant differences such as the position of views, PMIs and BOM tables
Configurable to Adjust for Your Needs
- Flexible tuning on check criteria as well as tolerances to satisfy each individual need (no false negatives and no false positives)
Eliminate Chance of Oversights
- Lists all detected differences categorizing by the element type, and zooms in to the selected difference, and plays animation for instant recognition and understanding of detected differences
- Shows along with numerical values such as the dimension and diameter
HTML reports viewable on Web browsers
- Exports result report in HTML format—no installation nor licensing required to view the result—and eases the communication among related persons
Increase the Information Level in Communication on Engineering Changes
Design engineers can better illustrate the modifications so that receivers can quickly reflect the engineering changes as appropriate. This leads to significant lead time reduction as well as prevention of unnecessary rework and delays.