HAMAMATSU, Japan—Jan. 15, 2019—Elysium announces a version-up release, InfiPoints Ver.5.0. Elysium has developed new technology for increasing the success rate of automatic registration of large-scale point clouds. New functionality also includes the ability to create valves based on the scan data of plants, buildings and ships.
- Registering data in outdoor environments automatically is possible for example in exterior plants, construction sites and historic sites with fewer planes, such as walls of buildings.
- Automatically register and align the point cloud using reference points, automatically extracted planes and in addition, the new version supports automatic registration using the top view (silhouette) of the scan.
- Reduces time and effort with automatic registration avoiding manual labor.
Support for Valve Modeling and Export to BIM Software
- Added functionality for creating valves from the scanned point cloud and add attributes such as valve location and type in the piping group.
- Utilize the created valves as a system diagram when performing renewal construction.
- Reduce time for creating BIM models of pipes, valves, and 3D isometric drawings by exporting the models in IFC format or standard formats and importing the models into CAD systems.